9 Great Leadership Lessons Learned in 2017
With another year coming to an end, it’s a great best practice to look back on the previous year to learn and grow before heading into the new year. That’s exactly what our team did with 52 episodes of the Follow My Lead Podcast.
Regardless if you listened to every episode (kudos) or you didn’t listen to a single one (boooo) here are 9 of the best leadership lessons we learned.
Listen to the full episode here or on iTunes.
1. A person who is humble, hungry, and smart adds value to a team in any environment – Pat Lencioni
2. Great leaders believe in their people and hold them to a high standard – Jon Gordon
3. Values are developed by what you reward, recognize and talk about- Howard Behar
4. The single greatest people skill is an authentic interest in another person Bob Burg
5. Leaders create the culture that drives behavior which produces the results- Brian Kight
6. Build a company you truly want to work for one that loves and serves people – Casey Crawford
7. Make decisions to become the person you aspire to be- Jimmy Collins
8. Transfer belief to your kids every day “You are going to do great and mighty things” – Bob Beaudine
9. Great leaders want decisions to be made where the information is – David Marquet
About the Author John Eades is one of LinkedIn’s 2017 Top Voices in Management & Workplace. He is the CEO of LearnLoft, host of the Follow My Lead Podcast and author of F.M.L. Standing Out & Being a Leader. He has set aside 20 speaking opportunities in 2018 and there are only a few spots remaining, learn more here.