Being named by LinkedIn as a Top Voice in Management & Workplace is quite an honor. While the award is validation for the work our team is doing to help turn managers into leaders is nice, it’s just the beginning.
Here are 5 Critical Career Lessons to Help You in 2018.
- Find Your Passion – In order to find your passion, it takes going out of your way to try new things and being proactive in the workplace. If you do these things, your passion will find you.
- Pursue Your Passion Relentlessly – Once your passion finds you, then it’s time to pursue it with a relentlessness that others simply will not. It could mean studying the field, waking up early to work on it, or working additional hours. The point is to go at it hard.
- Understand Nothing Great Happens Alone – If you think the whole formula is to do it on your own, you are sadly mistaken. Any level of substantial achievement requires other people. It’s like the African Proverb, “if you want to go fast go alone if you want to go far go together.” Think ‘we’ not ‘I.’
- Don’t Quit – One principle I am constantly repeating to my 6-year son is; “When the going gets tough, the tough get going.” Things will get tough in 2018, but don’t quit. This world needs to your stick with it and keep going.
- Encourage Others – If you get where you are trying to go by stepping on others you are doing it all wrong. In fact, it will be lonely when you get there. Instead, encourage others and lift them up in 2018. If the only thing you do this year is helping other people get where they are going you will have a successful 2018.
Think LearnLoft can help your organization in 2018? Learn more here.
About the Author John Eades is the CEO of LearnLoft and host of the Follow My Lead Podcast. He is also the author of F.M.L. Standing Out & Being a Leader, and is passionate about the development of modern professionals. You can find him on instagram @johngeades. He has set aside 20 speaking opportunities in 2018 and there are only a few spots remaining, learn more here.