Leadership Requires Great Discipline Because You Can’t Turn it Off. In season 4 Ep. 5 we are joined by Mark Hood. A passenger on flight 1549 that flew into the Hudson, a former US Marine, former VP of Sales and now Senior Consultant at Sales Performance International.
You can connect with him on LinkedIn:
In our discussion we didn't just cover flight 1549 we talked at length about leadership lessons learned from the Marine Core such as: why being a disciplined leader is so important, and why great leaders lead from the front.
A few other highlights from the discussion include:
- 4 Leadership Principles from the Military
- Know yourself and seek self improvement
- Be technically and tactically proficient
- Know your people – Strengths and Weaknesses
- Keep your people informed
- What makes a leader successful?
- Why mission is so important in leadership
- Why fear and worry do nothing for you
- How to have the courage to stand up in the face of adversity
- Why modern professionals always have to prepare up
- Why great leaders know what’s happening when they aren’t there
- What 3 great leaders would Mark have dinner with?
This podcast is brought to you by Learnloft.com.Back To List