“We overestimate what we can do in a day and underestimate what we can do in a decade.” In the first episode of Season 7 we are joined by Jim Estill the CEO of Danby Appliances. He is a lifelong Entrepreneur who grew his first business to more than $350M in sales. After selling the business to SYNNEX, he became the CEO of SYNNEX Canada and grew the company's US supplies from $800 million to $2 billion.
He is also an investor, advisor and board member to many technology businesses, including Blackberry – formerly Research In Motion (RIM) He has authored two books, Time Management and Zero to $2Billion and maintains the CEO Blog.
We covered a lot of ground in our discussion including:
- Why revenue growth is so important to a business
- Why it’s important to never be quarterly focused
- Why people have more potential than they think
- Why habits are critical to success
- What a leaders most important job is
- Why it’s important to have organizational and individual scorecards
- Why everyone should do a weekly report to hold themselves accountable
This podcast is brought to you by learnloft.com.Back To List