Coaching is unlocking people’s potential and helping them learn rather than teaching them
In season 11 episode 1, we are joined by Michael Bungay Stanier. He is the founder of Box of Crayons a company focused on giving managers practical coaching skills so they can coach in 10 minutes or less. He is also the author of "Do More Great Work" and "The Coaching Habit."
You can learn more at boxofcrayons.biz
In our conversation we cover:
- What is the definition of coaching?
- Should you focus on the behavior or outcome to become a better coach?
- Why is it so important to know yourself in order to be a good coach
- Why everyone can be more coachlike
- How to work with a bad manager?
- One lesson you can learn from Marshall Goldsmith
- Why habits play a critical part in being a better coach
This podcast is brought to you by LearnLoft.comBack To List